Monday, November 16, 2015

All back to dreamland

Bed is fine for then. It's a safe haven for a managed coalition of winks. I slept later than usual—I guess I was remiss in leaving my matted fortress. After grabbing coffee I flip on the computer and see the blurb that implies attacks threaten U.S. and countries that airstrike Islamic nations. Then Paris comes on the radio, how Trump was heard to say if Parisians had been armed it would have been different. Unless every single citizen is toting around an assault weapon, grenades, and explosive wear, I fail to see the logic in this thinking. I'd heard it before. I think noted neurosurgeon Ben Carson thought arming citizens could have repelled the Third Reich. It is sad when that stuff happens, but what makes it worse is when politicians use such epic violent acts to advance their agenda. Whatever works.

Pensive aggression

People are never happy unless there is some contention. It is human nature. There always must be a “can to kick down the road.” A race must be present to win or lose. And technology brings it closer. It expedites the victories, and the loser then “shall be later to win” now, in 2015. Regardless of what the calendar says, it is not 2015 in most middle east countries, or by our standards it isn't. A woman there, for example, enjoys the inequality of American women circa 1773. There is no equation between cultural advances, things that actually might inspire peaceful mentalities, and technological advances. When I see a computer in a corner of a ragged crumble of a shanty and a woman cloaked in black meekly in a corner, the picture just doesn't look right. The world is not on the same page, therein lies the silence-able assault weapon.

Guerrilla tactics

The American Revolution introduced a revolutionary new way of fighting wars. We learned from the native if this great nation, these thirteen colonies England did not want us to expand. So we fired shots in the woods someone heard from the treetops and they fell, one by one. We picked them off and beat them back across the sea. Time heals all wounds and now the French and the British join us as we strike again from the air. They hit munition dumps in Syrian strongholds. But the perpetrators are everywhere. They're the bugaloos. Grim sounds filter the night and brew violence.

Retreat

Bed sounds nice again. Or just stay away from the computer, radio, television—any devices technology brought. Fold up newspapers and magazines. Turn off the world...and then the mad scientists that advance and pervert religion come to Washington. I think maybe they'll go to the state of Washington by mistake, smoke some hash and forget why they came.



No comments:

Post a Comment