Sunday, June 19, 2016

HANDLING PATIENCE

Too few like Job

by Michael P Amram


swimming for the nexus of
the universe I
seek some recognition,
I peek around corners
blind needing to know the
keys to gratification
I want notoriety—isolation
from that below average
banner I wear to be.

Drowning in seas of madness
fights the depression—an
anxiety of recidivism—I'm
a pummeled peon who licks
boots quietly clean to
get kicked some more and
finally bleed like a trusted
brown nose siphoned dry
from nourishing its leech,

And I sell my soul to God
for adequate success
I fathom the universe to
calculate the odds of
winning in this life without
a name—without a lottery
ticket to make a claim—on
everything that's good when
this life waits out of reach.

I sell my soul to my god
for a moderate belief
in myself—a wager of time
I calculated to expire my
life on the shelf—so I
pay the price to be hailed
on a dirigible, swimming
again to a nexus of clouds
that total the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment