Who entered the restroom when I was
concentrating, praying hard at the urinal that first I could empty my
bladder sufficiently and second that I could have my cake and know it
too. Did it have a dress on or a pants suit with with distracting
pleats keeping their model in perfect alignment? Should I have to
worry about the next incarnation of transgenders creeping in and
peering under the stall as I defecate last night's quiche?
At this point in the discussion, any
irrational discourse seems frivolous. The restrooms, and the
Herculean—or Aphroditic—task of shoveling out all the
insurmountable bull-shit congress has lain waste to from the stalls,
are 2016's last hope for a credible election. With the foot to mouth
meter in a permanent state of flux, the Trump-elect waits ready with
his spades and levels to build a wall. He not only was to keep
Mexicans-looking-for-work out, he wants to hang a label of doubt on
the transgenders—especially the Hispanic trans population which is
burst in growth like candy from a pinata.
Barack Obama stated the inclusion of
transgender equality in a union address. There was no precedence for
him and, like he has many times, stuck his neck out where his
predecessors feared to tread. So, the current line of toilette talk
was inevitable—as another least spoken minority was brought to the
attention of the mainstream media. With the transformation of a
former Olympic athlete into an outspoken woman, the door was open for
detouring legislation that has brought the most heat to North
Carolina. Our own governor said he will veto any such bathroom bill.
Trump is the proverbial last man
standing. With polling numbers steadily fluxed at 46.5 percent, he
is the Republican's presumptive nominee. Cruz was the last challenger
to “suspend” his campaign. To me, there are subtle indications
from the mainstream media that “trusted” has left the stall door
open to swoop in when no Republican delegates will lend their loyal
support to Trump when they gather in Cleveland in July.
Clinton—polling between 51 and 56
percent—is the first woman to seek the nomination of a major party
since Shirley Chisholm, in 1972, boldly went where many men had
before. Clinton—secretary Clinton—is, by all rational thought,
the most qualified for the job of POTUS. She was a lawyer, so she
knows the law and can debate constructively. She was FLOTUS for 8
years so she has observed the job being done. From 2001-2009 she was
a U.S. Senator for New York, giving her experience in the executive
branch of government. If that weren't enough—a bit more than Trump
can put on a resume—she was the 67th U.S. Secretary of
State (2009-2013). Also, she brings to the job someone who's done the
job and will possibly make him an economic adviser. Still, the fact
remains: she's a woman. The media, or Clinton herself, to my ears,
has never made this a point to consider. Chisholm did, much more so
than the fact she was black. In 1972 it was relevant that as a
candidate running for POTUS that a woman was a woman. In 2016 it
ought to be, for most purposes, inconsequential.
Clinton—like her husband—has
suffered the slings and arrows of outrageous mainstream media
proportion. From her email to her acceptance of fees for speeches,
the secretary has been under the microscope from to start. She deftly
defends these accusations while Trump only seems to know how to
offend (a nice trait for POTUS). Moreover, when Trump is accused of
things (like his banning of Muslims), he just pumps out his
Muppet-like hands in gestures of ignorance and apathy and neither
confirms or denies things, usually offending more.
It all come to choices—choices of
which clothes to wear to visit the restroom. Is it a woman or man or
someone in-between urinating next to me? Must I produce my I.D. when
I vote, when I'm racially profiled, or when I use the restroom? Will
the Electoral College elect a misogynistic, bigoted, megalomaniacal
pathologically lying businessman—whose only notable credential
might be that he went to a military school—over an immensely
qualified woman whose alleged lies have not been plainly heard
and seen by the viewing public? I think, in the end, delegates will
be “scrounging for their next meal” on the floor of a stall in
the first transgender restroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment