Monday, December 7, 2015

An election year that will live in infamy

Terrorists need a scolding. They, more than anyone, need to listen to the Trumps of the world. They should listen to the Sarah Palins and even Rush Limbaughs, for theirs may be the only language they understand. Just as Barbara Billingsly spoke jive in Airplane to translate for some black men, members of ISIS can give political correctness no quarter. They are of an antiquated mentality, with a vocabulary of few words and even fewer regards for humanity.
A Level playing field
I would feel remiss in writing this if I did not say I am liberal. I agree 100% with Bernie Sanders and will likely vote for him, but he is in this world, this century. He wants life in America to finally be balanced so everyone can have a fair shot at its dream. These Islamic radicals missed the boat completely and clearly have no desire to continue life on earth, let alone make it more enjoyable. So, just as one might call in the mafia to remove a bad seed, or Lex Luthor might be summoned to hatch a plot to overthrow a corrupt government, I say send Trump, the Bush family, and all of the American leaders who refuse to grow up into the fray.
The devils tower
Put a democrat in the White House. But maybe, for the first year of the president’s term, lock Bush, Trump, and the rest of the castaways in the Pentagon with their bright ideas. Yes, political correctness can come back someday, but I think being asked to show an I.D. is a small trade for keeping your neck on your shoulders. The castaways will be military advisers and everyone will be happy. They can say what will go to stop ISIS, since they know so well, since Bush opened the box the beat the dog that bit the cat that opened Iraq to networking. He laid the grid work for cells to postulate with organisms.
Bush work
September 11, 2001 enabled a Bush to take root in the White House Rose Garden. Before we were attacked his approval rating floundered and following the attack it sot to 90 percent. People thought George W. Bush could keep us safe—safer that John Kerry could—in 2004. He did, he kept America as safe as any president, I suppose. He also rushed to war, spent trillions and extended or military in his war so his successor had a deficit any way you sliced it. He lost thousands of jobs overseas and created an economy on the verge of a depression—but he kept us safe. He and Cheney added to the oil industry of Halliburton as they protected the oil fields in the Middle East—all the while keeping us safe with color coded alerts on terrorism levels.
Trumped motives
History repeats itself. Will people vote Trump in office because he will keep them safe while creating hatred around the world, beginning with our neighbors to the South. How long until his wall is stormed with Mexican fury not seen since the Alamo?
I guess what it boils down to is what you value. The world is decaying, literally, figuratively, ecologically, and economically. As I see it we are screwed, and the jig is up. For those religious followers, you won. The day that was prophesized in 2012 seems to be coming. Although it's more like a movie that never ends. In the meantime is America going to become a police-state? Are we going to kick out all the immigrants who help this country grow? Are we going to keep the disproportion that has kept this country fighting for over 200 years? Or are we going to be brave, possibly crazy, and go on creating an America that might not insist on antagonizing the world. We can be a nation that does not turn away people, or throws out the aliens already here.

No comments:

Post a Comment